Friday, June 30, 2006

Week 21 & 22

It's been a nice weather lately and we've been invited for a BBQ with some friends last week. Since then I had sambal more than usual. Eating is one of my problem right now, as I couln'd eat much (even I want to), otherwise I will feel a bit sick afterwards and hard to move because of the full tummy.
Now we are having lunch and dinner earlier so I don't feel so hungry and want to eat much by then. I have to resist the temptation of all that sweet stuff like cookies, cakes and ice cream, it's really hard and sometimes I tell myself that I deserve to have ice cream and cakes in such a warm days... :)

I get use to the need to pee several times a day, and the kicking inside me is getting harder. When I play on the keyboard I can feel the baby reacts and kicks. It's nice to know that the baby can hear your voice and listen to the sound around you. Abigail sings for the baby, too sometimes, tho the kicking is not as hard as when I play on the keyboard.

The other problem is the pain on my hips, I do exercise and take a nap but the pain is still there. Hope it will be getting better later as my body adjusts better with the burden on my back and hips.

The babysitting is over as Celina's mother has finished her course. It's nice to be able to get up late and stay a bit on bed in the morning.

I did some changes in the bedroom and wash the curtain (the first time after three years... he he he). There are still a lot to do and we are thinking of a way to put our room in order with one cot, one double bed and one toddler bed plus the cupboards. It's quite a challenge and make me thinking nights and days!!
Have done some resetting in the living room, which is the least we can do right now. There is plenty of time to do more later, I hope.

I just made a nursing pillow out of an old blanket sheet, just need to buy the cotton or fiber to be put in it. It's nice thinking of holding a new baby on a soft and big puffy pillow.


21 w

Your Baby

Your baby weighs approximately 10.5 ounces and is about 7.2 inches from head to rump and is busy moving within your uterus, surrounded by amniotic fluid.

He or she is learning how its arms and legs move, and using its hands to feel its facial features, which you may be able to see on an ultrasound. Most clinics and hospitals offer to videotape your ultrasound for a nominal charge; it's a great keepsake!




22w

This Pregnant Body

Only a few more weeks and you'll be in the home stretch: your third trimester! In the last few weeks of your second trimester, you are probably feeling a little tired, a little hungry, and a little uncomfortable much of the time. I can only tell you that the joy that your newborn brings will make all of these hurdles of pregnancy seem inconsequential. (You really have to trust me on this one!) If you are having a tough time thinking of what to have for dinner, here are some delicious and nutritious recipes that are so easy to prepare, your partner may even make them (hint, hint)

The baby

Your baby weighs about 11 ounces, measures about 7.6 inches from head to rump, and is growing eyelashes and eyebrows. These two latest developments will be a key method of communicating his or her happiness, frustration, confusion, or interest until he or she can talk.

No comments: