Thursday, March 30, 2006

First visit to the doctor

7W 6d

It’s my first visit to the doctor. I am 55 kg, with blood pressure 104/66 … I lost a couple of kilograms in the last three weeks. I’m in my 11th week already, hoping to get over this sickness soon. Got my blood taken and urine checked. Then, normal check-up to see how my womb is. Everything is fine and normal. My doctor set up an appointment with the hospital for my ultra sound check up when I’m in the 18th week. That’s the regular procedure for pregnant mother in this country. Mothers and kids are very well treated here.
Everything is taken care of, you just need to ask for the first appointment with the doctor after you got pregnant. The rest is all arranged. You will get the next appointment with the doctor or midwife for every month, an appointment for ultrasound check-up when you are in the 18th week (or more when necessary) and will have registered at the hospital so they are ready for you at the time you deliver the baby. The best part is all with no costs. Imagine how it is back there in Indonesia. Having a baby means being prepared for both more efforts and costs. But still, having a baby is a blessing.

No comments: